Job Interviews can be tough. A job interview that has been well prepared for can be easy.
yeah, we heard all that before I hear you say. But how did you feel when the damning awkaward question was asked that made you squirm.
Typical job interiews tend to be quite a two way conversation for most employers / job seekers but the old saying of being prepared rings true, especially if the job you are being interviewed for represents a major step up the career ladder or a large salary increase.
Job interviews made easy
A good starting point can be to think about the type of questions you would be asked if you were the interviewer….
– Tell me about yourself
– Why do you want to work here
– What do you know about this company
– What was the best achievement you had in your current position
– How would you handle (name a situation)
Role playing and reading about interviews can help if you are nervous. But one thing I can assure you of, is that, after your interview you’ll likley wonder what the fuss was about.
– There are some unfortunate instances where the job is well oversubscribed and the interviewer is also under high pressure, so dont take things to heart if the intereview does not go well. Remain postive.
– If the job interview has gone well, and you are feeling positive, tell the interviewer how you are feeling and confirm to them that the job is sounding very appealing.
– Ask the interviwer when they will make a decision on when they will hire. Sometimes you can gauge the reply and determine your chances.
Job Interviews and CV services
need more interviews? maybe try to improve your CV to obtain more job interviews.
Job Interviews videos and media