Some good reasons why your Sales CV should be well thought out.
1.Sales people are normally interviewed by Sales Managers.
2.Sales Managers have been there, done it, seen it. While of course, other industry managers also have a wealth of experience a Sales Manager has the ability to construct an interview to gleen information and probe for answers. To ensure that you are not on the ‘backfoot’ before you begin your interview, consider these points for your Sales CV.
- Does your Sales CV show a succession of success or a crisis of of job hopping.
- Does your Sales CV stand up in terms of ability to sell you from the first paragraph or does the document just provide factual information.
- Does your Sales CV have an ability to showcase your specific sales achievements (yours, not the team).
- Does your Sales CV look professional enough to promote you or create confusion.
Sales CV Success
If there is any doubt on the above questions, ensure that you re-read your Sales CV in full and consider if you would hire yourself. Your CV may benefit from:
- Specifically mentioning the role you are applying for and utilise a cover letter.
- A cover letter may provide the motive for why you are applying and mention achievement.
- A Sales CV should be two to three pages in length.
- A Sales CV may include specific sales results, however be careful that industry competitors will not simply fact find!
Sales CV pitfalls
- Sales CV should not include personal greivances ( such as what a monster the last sales manager was etc).
- Do not include a photo unless you have movie star good looks, or know the hiring managers. Sales Managers are renowned for leading and making decisions, allow them the chance to meet you first before deciding if they want to meet you based on your looks.
- If you work in sales, be sure to write about your sales results. Also make 100% sure that all figures tally up.
Sales CV Submission
So now you have a great looking Sales CV and are ready to start creating your own leads. You have several choices;
- Use a recruitment agency.
- Go it alone and apply for jobs directly.
- use a combination of the above.
While there are many good recruitment agencies out there, ensure that the agency representing you has met you and you know the name of the company which you have been put forward for. it could be highly embarrasing if you also applied for the same role which your consultant put you forward for the very same morning.
Sales CV, make yours work hard!