Want to be a CV Pro.
Bet you do! There are some recognised strategies to becoming a CV Pro, follow our guide below and you will reap the rewards and truly be a pro! Don’t dash in madly, remember you can only submit your CV once! So it had better be your very best and not your second, or third best.
– Ensure your CV is upto date and in MS word and PDF format.
– Ensure you have a cover letter to accompany your CV
– Ensure that your CV has been checked for grammar and spelling. Do not rely on MS word spell check – it may use USA settings and is not accurate for creative writing.
– Ensure your CV is sent to named recruiters and hiring managers only. Track your results and follow through.
– Where possible, follow up with a phone call.
– ONLY apply for jobs which match your requirements
– Investigate jobs online before applying
– Investigate the company before applying – does it match what I am looking for.
– Use social media to talk to some of the current employees and see what it is really like to work there!! (tred carefully)
Feeling like a CV Pro
Be prepared, write your CV well, get feedback, role play for interview and then take a planned approach to job seeking. ( this means recording where and what jobs you have applied for, what action was required from your side, what job titles you have applied for, the names of recruiters and the companies they work for).
Mind over matter is an incredible thing. Try to think like a CV Pro and the chances are that you confidence will increase